Alveley Patient Group
“Enhancing Communication between our Doctors and their Patients”
· Membership – Open to all patients 16yrs or over registered with the practice
· Meetings – Open meetings held every other month. Dates, times and venues posted in the surgery and on the website. All welcome!
· Organisation – The committee is elected each year at an AGM and there are currently 6 members led by Chairperson Barbara Smart.
· Links – APG has links with County and Regional Patient Groups as well as the National Association for Patient Participation
· Fund Raising – Thanks to the support of Surgery staff and supporters funding has been achieved by sponsored participation in the Bridgnorth Walk and the establishment of a "100 Club" style lottery.
1 . Establishing a group of volunteers to provide friendly support and company for local people under the Alveley Compassionate Community (Co-Co) initiative.
2. Financing the purchase of two 24 hour blood pressure monitor and associated software for the benefit of local patients; avoiding trips to hospital and delay with results.
3. Contributing to the ongoing debate on the future of the NHS
4. Conducting independent surveys on behalf of our Doctors
5 . Setting up an informal group of mentors happy to share their experiences across a range of serious medical procedures
Monitoring Local Health Concerns – e.g. Ambulance cover for emergencies
Training - Organizing CPR training for interested parties.
Equipment – Installation of Automatic Emergency Defibrillation (AED) equipment in a village location...
OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOU!
APG is an organisation that does things and is not just a forum for discussion. Whatever your level of interest in the NHS – local, regional or National - APG wants your participation!
For more information contact Hon. Secretary Chris Noble on 01746 780715 or